Welcome our guide to wording for your wedding reply cards (sometimes called RSVP cards). We process literally hundreds of orders every month, so we get to see a whole lot of wording examples. The amount of text on reply cards is usually relatively limited compared to wedding invitations, but the key information to get on your reply cards includes:
- Reply address/details – You need to specify how you want people to reply to you. Traditionally this was done by post, and it is still nice to receive postal replies. However more and more often people are providing additional way to reply including email addresses, telephone numbers and website addresses.
- Set an “RSVP by” deadline date – If you need to know number by a particular date, or you just want to know sooner rather than later who is coming then consider setting a “RSVP by” date, so your guests know the deadline by which they need to respond. You will almost certainly have to chase up some late repliers but this work should be reduced if you set a “RSVP by” date for your guests.
- Who is actually coming – If your invitation is relatively open you might want to include some way of your guests indicating who is coming. For example you might have invited an entire extended family, in which case it might be helpful to know (and include on your reply cards) an indication of who will be attending. Also don’t forget to include a space for guest’s to write their own names, otherwise you won’t know who has sent the reply!
- Dietary Requirements – If you need any information in advance of the day including dietary requirements then you need to gather this on your reply cards. You might want to capture whether any guests are vegetarian, vegans etc.
We have set out below some template wording for you to use when creating your own reply card wording. If none of these seem quite right, why not drop us a message below so that we can try and come up with some wording for you.
Download The Complete List
If you want you can download a complete list of these reply card wording examples as a PDF. If you are a wedding planner or run another wedding related website you are welcome to place this PDF on your own website to help your clients so long as you link back to Special Day Invitations as the original source.
More Wording Examples for your Wedding Stationery
I hope you found that set of reply card wording examples useful. We have a full range of wording examples including:
- Wedding Order of Service Wording Examples
- Wedding Save The Date Cards Wording Examples
- Wedding Menu Wording Example
- How to politely say “No Children” at our wedding
- How to politely say “no presents” we want money please!
Remember in the highly unlikely event that you can’t quite find what you are looking for then why not drop us a comment (link below). Equally if you find this page useful why not explore the remainder of our Wedding Blog to find out more about wedding stationery from Special Day Invitations.